Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Vestas Mediterranean (MED) is an independent Sales Business Unit within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, covering markets in the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Northwest Africa. Vestas MED is responsible for developing these markets in terms of sales, project installation, and customer service.
Supply Chain is a department within the Vestas organization that creates business value by providing worldclass Solutions. We constantly aim to be a highvalueadded department, which provides local and centralized support to the entire Vestas Mediterranean organization. We ensure coordination with others SBU’s to align our Supply Chain strategy. The Supply Chain Department comprises Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Procurement within Areas, Warehouse, Transport and Planning.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting directly to the Head of Brazil and functionally to the MED VP Supply Chain, and being part of the Brazilian management team you will:
- Deploy Supply Chain strategy according to MED guidelines and policies. Set local objectives, define resources, and establish processes and procedures. Assure the achievement of objectives and guarantee the compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Manage suppliers at country level according to MED purchasing and quality standards in order to work with the best vendors and give the most competitive advantage to Vestas. The roughly number of suppliers under management is 100.
- Lead cost reduction plan initiatives in order to comply with the MED purchasing goals in term of saving, payment term and productivity, etc.
- Participate in Sales business review and quotation processes with Lead buyer’s support.
- In agreement with lead buyers, organize and execute supplier days at the country level in order to secure ongoing supplier development. Build new partnerships and share best practice standards.
- Report on activity monthly in order to measure the performance against the MED objectives and take corrective actions.
- Collaborate on the organization set up and ensure the operating rules are well applied. Resolve any issues, and arbitrate problems by involving the country management
- Collaborate in hiring, assessing, developing and motivating the staff under your responsibility. Manage the Transport/Warehouse team at area/ country level.
Qualifications and Work Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Economics, or Business Administration. A postgraduate education (MBA or a Master’s in Supply Chain/ Purchasing/ Logistics) is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience within a Supply Chain Department, preferably from an international company.
- Knowledge of the renewable and wind energy markets is preferable.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills, including communication and cooperation methodology.
- Customer focus and a strong business understanding in sales, service, projects, and supply chain.
- A systematic, analytical, and resultsoriented approach.
- Strong skills in MS Office (especially excel). Solid knowledge on Project Management Tools is desirable.
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English and Portuguese. Fluency in other languages within the region: French, Italian or Spanish will be an advantage.
What we offer
Vestas MED offers a competitive compensation with a full range of benefits.
In this position, you’ll be able to put your experience to the test in a modern and growing company. You’ll have the opportunity to help lay the foundation for performance quality and excellence within the company, and across business units, with your Supply Chain knowledge and inspiring leadership skills.
Primary work location is in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
This position might require some travels throughout the Vestas “MED” region and to Denmark.
Please apply online by clicking on the “Apply” button on this page. Please apply in English
Vestas Wind Systems A/S is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we seek to hire people who enjoy working in a diverse, teamoriented atmosphere.
Regime de Contratação:
Apply link: http://mptool.thenetwork.com/asp/cs/network/careercenter/default.cfm?offerId=9408&offer_id=9408&destination=apply&compid=66&lng=EN&12296=EN&channelId=90